Employee Benefits Director of Client Experience
Do you want to have a major role in taking your organization to the next level using your strengths in leadership, strategy, innovation, and business? Do you have a love of learning and constantly improve your knowledge of the employee benefits industry, compliance, and your clients' businesses? Are you able to easily gain the confidence and respect of audiences while giving speeches in live presentations, during the sales process, as well as in daily internal and external interactions? Are you passionate about providing a phenomenal customer experience? Do you love numbers, geek out on calculating solutions, and get particularly excited when you create a beautiful Excel formula that solves a complicated problem?
If so, you may be a great fit with us as Director of Client Experience. This is an ideal role for someone who wants a meaningful leadership position, to significantly grow long-term, and to make a major impact – with us, and with our clients. You would be responsible for strategy, management and retention of a book of business until our growth (that you help drive!) calls for additional hires and your sole full-time focus can be serving as a leader in our organization, with clients and prospective clients, and in the industry as a whole. You also would drive our bottom line financially, and direct major internal initiatives to ensure we continue to thrive far into the future. You would be integral to our growth, and we envision you taking us to amazing new heights long-term.
We are a fast-paced employee benefits brokerage in the Lower Highlands near Downtown Denver, with the mission of being the most innovative and proactive broker in this market. We work hard and play hard, and believe in work/life balance because when we take care of ourselves, we can take even better care of our clients.
What you can expect from us:
- Career growth, leadership, and the opportunity to make a deep and valued impact in a thriving organization
- Ability to work with a team of caring professionals who value integrity, true partnership, passionate pursuit of excellence, and healthy work/life balance
- Phenomenal working environment, including daily jeans casual
- A commitment to professional development and participation in industry training
- Philanthropy/volunteer efforts where you can help pick the causes
- Ability to work in our Denver Highlands office, which has free parking and is in a vibrant location within an easy walk of restaurants and coffee shops
- Excellent benefits including: 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability and life insurance; 401K with generous matching; profit sharing; PTO; a strong quarterly bonus program; and an annual all-expense paid company retreat
What you will be doing:
- Managing a book of business of large group and small group clients with various funding structures, analyzing financial performance data, and serving as a knowledgeable and strategic advisor to existing clients and prospective clients
- Providing direction to the fantastic Client Service Specialists that will support you in delivering excellent service
- Strategizing, planning, and leading renewals; conducting open enrollment presentations, and proactively communicating with clients throughout the year
- Advising on carrier selection, alternate funding, plan and contribution strategies to obtain client goals; and negotiating carrier, vendor and third-party policy terms and costs
- Reinforcing our mission, core beliefs, and strategy in everything you do, and helping the team to do the same
- Helping our business to grow to the point where you eventually no longer manage a book of business and your sole full-time focus can be on serving as a leader in our organization, with clients and prospective clients, and in the industry as a whole
- Active CO Life & Health Insurance license. If not already in place, will be required to be obtained within 60 days of employment
- Extensive knowledge of benefits compliance (ACA, ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, etc.)
- Strong math and analytical skills, with excellent logic
- Fantastic active listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, tech-savviness and the ability to navigate new software with ease
- Ability to travel out-of-state occasionally
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years successfully leading a team
- Minimum 7 year's experience in health insurance / employee benefits account management, preferably as an Account Executive at a senior level
- Authorization to work in the US
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check and credit check
- Ideal but not required: Knowledge of accounting and financial KPIs, and/or talent for sales or marketing
Fall River Employee Benefits is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or handicap, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.